Thursday, June 11, 2009

Final Destination.

So, I haven’t written in a while and I couldn't think of anything that was worth mentioning ( no news is good news ) until now.

Flight AF447 - everyone heard about this. Tragic. Unfortunate. Sad! There were children on board, one 11 year old reported to have been traveling alone. I can not imagine those last moments of his life. No mom or dad to comfort and hold his scared little hand in that horrific plunge.
I pray for them.

But, what happens when you say "There but for the grace of G-d go I"? You should have been on that plane but miss it for whatever reason and make the next one to make it home safe and sound only to die in a car crash the following week? What is that? What forces are at hand here? How creepy is this situation?

I think this whole thing begs for a whole new debate about being destined for certain fates.
I always thought that we had our destinies predetermined for us before we are even able to make a single decision for ourselves.
This idea just moved up a notch in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment