Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Where does he come up with this stuff?

I had my page open last night on my laptop and my very curious six year old wanted to know what I was doing. He became very computer savvy in the last few months since starting first grade, and so must always ask me what "www dot com" page I am looking at. Anyway, I said I was blogging, he repeated his question with a weird look on his face which I chalked up to something he just hadn't heard of before, so I said again that I was blogging to see his reaction this time, he replied that we are not allowed to use bad words.
I sat for a minute trying to contemplate what blogging could possibly rhyme with for him to confuse. It didn’t seem to sound like his usual insulting 'poopoo face, or kakamouth', or even his very rare outburst of 'shithead' that he must have picked up certainly not from my side of the family, but, there I sat- at a loss for words, and decided that I needed to let this one go for fear of finding out what he thought I actually said.
On a brighter note his school is having a food drive today and he, God bless his little heart, ransacked my kitchen Monday night looking for 'things that don't need to be in the 'frigerator', and said that he must bring food because someone needs it. He also put aside some of his unopened toys to give to children who don't have any. We plan on donating them to http://toysfortots.org/ or something like that. Of course his kind spirit doesn’t stop him from asking for new stuff because he gives away old stuff, but, the kind gesture is there, and that's what matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment